Sunday, July 13, 2008

Operation Preparation

Eric should be home this week some time, so we're in the middle of Operation Preparation. I had a long list of things I wanted to get finished before he came home. Some of those things included...

Welcome Home signs...DONE
Mowing the Lawn while simultaneously killing the mower...DONE
Cleaning his office and getting rid of my junk I allowed to accumulate there...DONE
Vacuuming out both cars and wiping the drops of milk from sippy cups...DONE
Stocking the fridge with more food than I've bought in a really long time...DONE
Scrubbing all hard floors Cinderella style, on my hands and knees with bleach...DONE
All laundry...DONE
Cleaning our bedroom so it doesn't look like the local laundry room at Victoria's Secret...DONE
Scrapbooks caught up...DONE


Needless to say, I'm totally wiped out. I don't have a lot to do tomorrow, and I plan on chilling all day other than getting another estimate from an A/C place. We managed to get the A/C up and running, but I don't think it's going to last long. I got one estimate on Friday and realized this unit and duct work will cost us as much as I paid for the first 3 years of my college education...mild heart attack. I'm going to schedule a few more estimates. Once we decide, we're going to go ahead and do it before this old one konks out on us again. The unit itself is 17 years old and it's been good to us for the last 4 years. Oh well!

Here are a few pictures of the boys...playing outside...

...and eating at the big boy table! I don't miss those high chair trays at all!!!!


3 comments:

Wilson Family said...

That's so exciting! I know you all are so ready for daddy to be home! Can't wait to see pictures!

The Wietholder's said...

you are doing awesome girl!!! only a short time to go.

the boys are little men now...you are sure to enjoy some fun family dinners

The Girberts said...

I am so excited for you that Eric is almost home! I bet he is so ready to be home. Can't wait to hear about the reunion!