Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fun in the kitchen

Being in the kitchen is a real treat for the boys. I don't like them to be under my feet when I'm trying to cook, nor do I want them to burn themselves if something splatters. BUT...Eric made a good point...boys need a hard surface to play cars on. So, I let them in there from time to time as long as the dogs haven't trashed the floor!!! Here are some pictures of them from the other night. While they were playing, I was trying a new recipe for macaroni...didn't turn out!

They figured out how to open the drawer under the stove and proceeded to put their own toys in there. I have some very expensive pots and pans in there and would rather NOT let them become toys. Let's face it...this isn't my house anymore...it's theirs!
Brandon loved my expensive pan SO MUCH that he decided to chew on it...geez! Watching Connor pull the skillet out was SO funny that Eric and I were almost crying with laughter. We were both sitting on the floor in the family room just watching the boys. That's one of my favorite things to do. Life is too short, and I have to force myself to slow down and smell the roses sometimes. No one is going to come and yell at me if there a few a dirty dishes in my sink, toys all over my house, and a load or two of laundry to do. Those things will always be there...the boys won't always be the age they are right now, and I'm loving this exploration age!
Here's a picture of Brandon standing. He has pulled himself up on the couch a few more times. He likes to stand up next to me if I'm sitting on the floor and crawl into my lap. He's getting there!

1 comment:

casadefred said...

I love the plumber's butt on B!

They have good taste...that's why they went for the good stuff under the stove!