Saturday, February 2, 2008

1st Year...CHECK!

Now that the first year is over we have so much to look forward to! The boys are doing new things everyday and I love to just sit back and watch them. They love to play together, give you "five", crawl with toys in their hands, drink from their big boy cups, and eat whatever concoction I come up with. They had their 1 year check up and here's how it went....

BRANDON

He's my little man weighing in a 18 pounds. No front facing car seat for him just yet. He's 28 inches long. He's in the 3rd percentile for weight, 25th for height and head circ. That's really about all on him. We have another developmental appointment on Feb 20th. Their doc was surprised at what all they eat. She said..."They eat better and healthier than I do" I think she was really shocked when I said they eat asparagus! He likes to wave (to himself) and to shake his head NO.

He LOVES to crawl around with something in his mouth!
I couldn't figure out why he was crawling funny, but then I realized I put his shoes on the wrong feet. Since I consider that a blonde moment it was definitely picture worthy!


CONNOR

He's definitely my star heavyweight weighing in at 22 1/2 pounds and is 30 1/2 inches long! I'll be switching his car seat to face forward when I switch back to the Explorer this week sometime. He's in the 40th percentile for weight, 50th for length and I think 75th for head circ. He loves to throw his tennis balls, is starting to cruise down the side of the couch, and loves pushing the buttons on all of his toys.
Here he is riding a new toy from "Aunt" Rylan!
This is that same toy with him standing and holding onto it.



BOTH BOYS

They are both drinking only out of big boy cups now! I never realized how awesome it would feel to pack away the bottles, but it made me sad at the same time. Eric left with the boys drinking only bottles, and now they have big boy cups, are feeding themselves, and are almost completely off formula. (An expense I will not miss at all!) They do really well when I brush their teeth and like to chew on the brush when I'm done.
After worrying that Connor wouldn't figure out how to use a big boy cup,
here he is sitting up and drinking.
He will tilt his head back as far as he can to get every last drop!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Kate you have done such a wonderful job with them this past year. They are both sweet boys who seem to have a great demeanor. And you have them eating so healthfully too!