Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Birthday Party

We had the boys' 1st birthday party on Sunday and it was a total success! We had about 14 adults and 11 kids ranging in age from 8 weeks old to 4 years old. The boys really surprised me on how well they handled all of those people in our itty bitty house.

Connor's "vegan" cake. I iced them on parchment paper and then taped that to their trays so they wouldn't throw the whole cake on the floor.
Brandon's "vegan" cake! Since Brandon has a severe allergy to eggs, I had to make the cakes eggless. I found a vegan recipe site called vegweb.com. It actually tasted OK.
Connor cried in his cake at first. There were so many people singing happy birthday to him and I think he got a little overwhelmed. I had to cut it up a little for him before he finally dug in.
Unsure....
Brandon wasted NO time! He put his little fingers right into that cake and chowed down
Santa beard of icing.
Connor playing on the floor after cake.
Here's Brandon playing with their NICU friend Reese. Reese's mom was due the first week of April, but he was born the first week of December. I'm pretty sure he went home about 2 weeks after Connor did. This is the first time we've been able to get our boys together for a "playdate." Brandon and Reese really hit it off with the balloons.
Brandon really wanted Reese's glasses! Reese was a good sport and just let Brandon snatch them. I wish I had a video of it.
Here's Reese and Connor playing!!!

Thank You to everyone who came out and helped us celebrate! We had a great time and it was really nice to see some people that we rarely get to see. Thanks also for all of the great toys, books, and clothes. I went out the night after the party and bought a new organizational shelf for the family room to store all the new toys and it looks awesome.

No comments: