Sunday, August 12, 2007

Uh oh...rash!

Ann helped me with bath time on Thursday night. The boys normally love bath time. She laid Connor in the water and he started screaming like I've never heard him scream before. We lifted him up, and found this awful rash all the way up his back and partly on his bum. I still don't know what it was, but after a few nights of "lubing" him up with Aquaphor, it's starting to get better. I stayed away from baths the next night because warm water just makes it worse. The first picture is of Connor's back and the second picture is of Brandon's back. Brandon's wasn't as bad, but this morning, he woke up with what looks like a heat rash on his chest and cheeks. I know it's common to get a rash when they start teething, but the whatever they have on their backs is much more serious than just a teething rash. I called the nurse's line for my pediatrician's office and she said I already did everything they would suggest. I'm going to continue to keep and eye on it and keep them inside and out of the heat. I haven't taken them outside in almost a week because of the nasty heat. Poor little fellas!



No comments: