Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Our trip to Illinois

Well, we finally completed our last trip while in Kentucky. Ann, Noah, the boys and I headed to Illinois on Friday to see my Dad's side of the family. I'm so glad Ann and Noah were able to come with us because I think that trip would have been a little rough by myself. The boys did well and we made it home safely on Monday night at about 10pm. Picture this...Ann...5 months pregnant, Noah who is almost 4, the boys and I all standing in a mall parking lot in Indiana stranded because my car battery was dead. NOT FUN! SHOUT OUT to the mall security who came to our rescue and got us back on the road. At least I didn't take an hour and a half "detour" through Ohio to get home this time.

We arrived at my Aunt Pat and Uncle Lee's house on Friday about 4 or so. This is what the boys did...




This is my Grandpa feeding Connor...
and Grandma feeding Brandon
Here's my Aunt Joyce talking to the boys
Connor LOVES tummy time now....if I could just get him to roll over we'd all be mobile. He has rolled over 3 times in his sleep, but I haven't seen him do it yet.
I took this picture to show everyone how BIG Brandon has gotten. Look how long his legs are!
Even though my cousins are 17 and 21, Aunt Joyce hasn't lost her touch!
Uncle Danny took Noah to the back yard to do some fishing.
Here's one of Noah's "catches" If I remember correctly, he caught Blue Gill and Bass
SUPER TALL Danny lets Noah piggy his way back to the house
3 generations!
We stopped by grandma and grandpa's house on our way back on Monday
This is their backyard...and it look exactly the same for as long as I can remember. Swing, big trees, bird bath, and the railroad tracks. The next time we make it out to Illinois, I'm SURE the boys will love trains and will love to watch one pass. We used to count the cars...those were the days.
A happy Connor in Grandma's lap
A happy Brandon in Annie's lap with baby Hannan

Grandpa feeding Brandon one last time before we left.


Thank you so much to everyone for all of their hospitality and help with the boys. I had a really nice time and very relaxing weekend. I managed to get out of the house and few times and even to take a nice long run around a path by Lee and Pat's house. We can't wait to see you all again. I'll be back through Kentucky again in the Spring after the arrival of Baby Hannan and Baby Bender!

Dad and I are heading back to North Carolina this Saturday. We'll be in NC for a week and then we're heading to Maryland to see Aunt Bridget and Uncle Jason. The boys are going to be a specimen in the class Bri is teaching this semester!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you!!! Thanks for making time to see Lucas and I during your trip to Illinois.

Love and Miss Ya
Trish