Saturday, July 28, 2007

Hunter and Michelle come for a visit

My friend Michelle..also the spouse of a deployed soldier... and her son Hunter came over yesterday. Hunter will be 2 in September and is ALL boy. Luckily, I had a few older kid toys and a booster seat for him to use and play with while he was here. He was very sweet towards the boys and loved to make Connor laugh. He would run up to Connor, laugh at him, and Connor would chuckle back!

I fired up the grill and grilled some Mesquite chicken, romaine lettuce, green beans, and broccoli. My friend Jessica grilled romaine lettuce for me when I went to Durham to see her, so I decided to try it myself. A little foil on the middle rack, drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper...YUMMY!!!! I also just threw frozen green beans and broccoli in some foil, sprayed them with a little spray butter, salt, and pepper and they were also very good! Steamed veggies get old after a while. If all else fails, throw it on the grill!!! Michelle grilled for me when I went to her house last weekend. You wouldn't believe the number of other "wives of the deployed" who are surprised when other wives grill. "You really fire up the grill?!?!" HECK YES I DO! Virtually no clean up, and I get a hot meal which is usually low in fat and extremely tasty. I highly recommend grilling romaine!

Sweet Hunter
Goofy Hunter
"I'm watching you Miss Kate!"
Hunter loved getting on the play gym with the boys. They actually didn't mind!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love the cozy pictures of the boys - makes me look forward to fall...

Glad you enjoyed the grilled romaine and gave it a shot! A yummy and easy way to get your veggies. Have a great week!