Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day at the pool

My friend, Tiffany, called this morning and invited the boys and I to her neighborhood pool today. Since it's our 5th wedding anniversary today, and we had to spend it apart, I was glad to do something other than staying in the house all day.

I bought the boys these floaty things a while ago, but haven't been able to try them out yet. They were really cool! They loved them, and I did too, because it kept them completely out of the sun. The boys really like getting in the water, which is nice for me. I haven't been able to be outside for longer than a few minutes since the summer started. It was nice to get some fresh sun and fresh air.


Here's Brandon...sucking on his favorite toy...HIS FINGERS!
Here's Connor...what a lazy man! He was really asleep in this picture!
I had to take them out of the pool at 2 to feed them. I took off their swim trucks, put on only a diaper and wrapped them up in a towel. Brandon was being Mr. Photogenic while I was feeding Connor. Doesn't he look so sweet???
Gotta love Connor's smile!

I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have 2 happy babies. I know some people get very difficult babies who cry all the time, demand attention around the clock, and don't like to be alone. Our babies sleep through the night, only cry if there's a problem (most of the time) and love having some alone time. If either of them is overly-fussy for no reason, I strap them in a bouncy seat or situate them on their floor gym, go work on something else, and they instantly become content and play alone. How did I get so lucky?

No comments: