Monday, July 16, 2007

Great-Grandpa Bears

My grandpa Yibby, my mom's dad, bought all of his grandchildren a "grandpa bear." Well, now that his grandchildren are having children, the tradition continues with the purchase of "great-grandpa bears." He picks the bears out all by himself without help or opinions of anyone else. I know that all of my cousins remember their grandpa bears, and some even loved theirs all the way up to "bear heaven."

The boys have to spend time in their crib by themselves while I'm bathing the other. They scoot around on the floor way too much for me to leave them unattended. They really like their mobile, but seem to cry every time I put them in there at night. It's almost like they think I'm going to put them to bed without one last meal. So, tonight I tried letting them sit up in the corner of their crib with great grandpa bear in front of them. That way, they have something else to look at as well as something to help keep them from falling forward. You know what...?!?!?!?! IT WORKED!!! They both stopped crying, hugged on their bears, and watched their mobile. Man...I'm glad I like to be creative with my kids! I'll do just about anything to keep them from crying!




No comments: