Tuesday, March 13, 2012

HOLY Pinterest!

I am totally enjoying Pinterest. I feel like I can exhaust my creative ADHD personality by cruising through that site, and seeing what my friends "Pin." I have a whole basket of summer activities for the boys that are both educational and fun. Here's one!

CLOUD DOUGH

What the heck is Cloud Dough? You got me! I found it on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try. I love simple homemade activities for the kids. I love them even more when they are CHEAP! For under $7, I made this...

All you need is 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil. Mix it together and VOILA...moldable, smooth, yummy smelling Cloud Dough. One regular sized bottle of baby oil made enough for 2 1/2 batches of Cloud Dough. So I had 2 1/2 cups of baby oil and 20 cups of all purpose flour. I just dumped it all in an under the bed storage container I had in the garage and mixed it thoroughly with my hands. I added some plastic bugs I bought in the dollar aisle at Target. These kind of "sensory" activities are GREAT fine motor skill enhancers!

The boys LOVED it! It's incredibly smooth...I liked it too:) Once we were done with it, I just put the lid on the top and stored it in my garage. The boys did get flour all over their clothes, but that's what I get for walking into the house to get a Diet Root Beer and leaving them unattended. It's only flour, and washes off easily....it could totally be worse!

My other obsession on Pinterest are all of the recipes. OH MY GOODNESS I could spend hours looking at them all! I made the Pinterest Trifecta Dinner tonight. Three different recipes...all of which were delicious, easy, and DEVOURED by my kids.


All of these recipes were very easy and DELICIOUS! The broccoli and chicken recipes will definitely be on my menu rotation...FOR SURE. Brandon and I enjoyed the tomatoes...Eric and Connor don't like tomatoes unless they are in "sauce" form. Fine with me...more for me and B!

1 comment:

Danko Grandparents said...

Kate,
Those tomatoes look delicious! Thought of the boys tonight as had 'jungaliya' at Ponderosa!