Sunday, March 4, 2012

Baking MANIAC

I have been baking up a storm today!!!

First up, Buttermilk Bread. I needed some buttermilk for the lemon cake I made yesterday, and needed to find a recipe to use up the left over milk. I will definitely make this recipe again. In fact, I have another batch rising as I type this!!!

Here's the dough after it doubled in size!

The recipe makes enough for 2 full loaves, but I thought I'd try some rolls too.

HOT CROSS BUNS!!!

I don't have a picture of the final product, but they turned out a beautiful golden brown and incredibly fluffy in the middle! The boys each had a bun warm out of the oven with a little butter on it, and loved it!!! I don't think I'll ever buy biscuits in a can again...this was SO worth the time!


Next up, another Pinterest idea. I make cakes for Eric to take to work every time there's a birthday to celebrate. I usually make my chocolate chocolate chip cake with chocolate mousse and raspberry filling. Thanks to Pinterest, I came across this recipe for a Cookies N Cream Cake. I decided to give this a try for Dr Ball's birthday. I filled the layers with my chocolate mousse, iced it with a new buttercream recipe, and topped it off with Oreos and a chocolatey drizzle. As my sister put it..."It's hard to be the chef" since I don't get to taste test!!!