Monday, September 7, 2009

Back Home

Wow. I ended up driving 3,167 miles with the boys. We had a blast everywhere we went and I'm very glad that I got to see almost ALL of my extended family.

We started off in Moline, IL at my cousin's wedding. I was so rushed at the actual ceremony and reception that I didn't snap any pictures. Here are a few pics from the park the day after the wedding.
My nephew Benjamin!
After Moline, I drove to southern Illinois to see my grandparents and aunts and uncles. I got to see everyone and even meet my cousin's kids for the first time.

Me, Connor, Grandpa, Brandon, and Grandma

Connor and Grandma
Grandma took the boys on a "ride" on the seat of Grandpa's walker.
After that, I drove to Alton, which about 30 minutes east of St. Louis to see my good friend Trish and her son Lucas who is the same age as the boys. We went to the zoo!

Connor kept calling this monkey "mommy monkey"
I sure hope he didn't think I looked like that!
All 3 boys sitting by the fountain.
Riding the train...
Standing on frogs


After Alton, Trish and I drove back to KY via Indianapolis to see my sister.

Here are all 4 boys...minus Benjamin...he was in his booster seat
Noah and Connor playing piano

After we spent the weekend in Florence, Trish and I took the boys to see The Wiggles in Louisville.

Here are the boys sitting patiently in their seats.
A self-taken picture of all of us. I'm not usually good at taking pictures of myself, but this one turned out pretty good.
There are all of the Wiggles in the Big Red Car!


Brandon watching intently
Connor and Lucas waiting for another song
I'm glad to be back home. The boys were AWESOME in the car and were very well behaved for the most part. Connor is almost 100% potty trained. We have about 1 poopie accident per week, but he's dry at nap and over night. Brandon, on the other hand isn't interested in the potty, but hey...one in underwear still saves me A LOT in diaper costs! We are already plowing into the month of September with play dates, I'm slowly having cake orders coming in, and Eric is still very busy with work. All in all, life is grand!

No comments: