Thursday, September 24, 2009

Super Bowl Snack Throw Down Week 3

4th Down Poppers with Sweet Apple Mustard Dip


Once again, go to www.highlowaha.com to vote for me! Once you go to the site, click the red dot to enter the blog. You can vote by clicking on my name! I think it was really close last week so PLEASE vote and tell all of your friends.

I took a lot of time to think about cheddar cheese as an ingredient. There are so many options for cheesy football snacks that it was challenging to come up with the "perfect" snack. The one thing I did know was that I wanted to use White Cheddar cheese. Why did I call them "4th Down Poppers?" The kicker comes on to the field on the 4th down to do his job...KICK! Let me tell ya, these poppers have a lot of KICK!

throwdown week 3 006

Here's what you need...

throwdown week 3 001

  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon dill
  • 2 tablespoon sour cream
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 20 large jalapeno peppers, halved and seeded
  • 10 slices prosciutto, cut in half
  1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees
  2. Stir together the cream cheese, white cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, dill, sour cream, garlic powder, and onion powder in a mixing bowl until evenly blended. Spoon some of the cheese mixture into each jalapeno half, and wrap with slice of prosciutto, Arrange the wrapped jalapeno halves onto a broiler pan.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until the prosciutto is beginning to brown, about 20 minutes.
throwdown week 3 003

The Sweet Apple Mustard Dip is something to add to the poppers, but you don't have to have.

  1. 1/4 cup applesauce
  2. 2 tablespoons sour cream
  3. 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard

Mix it all up and enjoy! You can also dip soft pretzels, french toast sticks, and even toasted pumpernickel bread!

WARNING WHEN SEEDING JALAPENOS

The juice and seeds of a jalapeno are pretty fiesty. I did not touch my face or eyes until I scrubbed my hands after I finished seeding them. However, I learned I should wear gloves next time. The juice actually burned the skin under my wedding rings! I had to take them off the next 2 days. The day after I made these, I rubbed my eyes and burned them!

throwdown week 3 002

Brandon asked to try one, so I gave him a very small bite, but his face immediately showed what he thought. He said "hot hot hot...milk please." Connor was very interested in what I was making, but didn't want a bite in the end. What 2 year old would really eat jalapenos to begin with??? I'm proud of him for trying it though! I have 2 "Mikeys"...they really like everything!

throwdown week 3 004

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those look good! I learned the same thing about jalepenos the hard way. I thought I had washed my hands well... until I took out my contacts.
How brave is Brandon! When I was a kid, I couldn't stand anything hot.