Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Day Recipe

It wouldn't be a "Danko Holiday" without some kind of new treat. Here's what I made...



It's called Cupid's Crunch and I got it out of the new magazine...Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade. I've made 2 recipes out of this magazine so far and they have both turned out really good...really easy...and look wonderful.

3 cups salted peanuts
1 (16 oz) bag pretzel nibblers (I could find nibblers that weren't flavored, so I used the Snaps)
1 (15 oz) box raisins
1 (12 oz) box corn and rice cereal (I used Crispix)
1 (8.9 oz) box Cheerios
2 (16 oz) packages vanilla flavored candy coating, melted
1 cup pink sanding sugar (I just used pink, white, and red sprinkles!!!)

In a VERY LARGE container, mix all dry ingredients. I used my turkey roaster AND a very large stainless steel mixing bowl. Pour melted chocolate over the top and stir gently to coat cereal mixture evenly.

Spoon cereal mixture onto wax paper in a 1 inch layer. Sprinkle with half of the sprinkles. Stir gently to break up any large clumps. Sprinkle with remaining sprinkles and let cool.

This was so unbelievably easy to make, but it makes A LOT!!! I had to bleach everything when I was done because there were peanuts everywhere!!!! I hope some of you try this...you won't be sorry!!!


I managed to get 21 bags out of the mixture. The recipe says it yields about 50 cups. So, there's roughly 2 cups in each bag...give or take.

Oh yeah...here are a few pictures of the boys!!




No comments: