Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Super Rough Day

My title says it all. I am more exhausted today than I ever have been...even when the boys were infants. It was a combination of no sleep for me since Connor was up crying every hour last night. It was worse than when they were infants. I'll take colic back instead of what happened last night. That really was the main reason for all of the whining, crying, disobeying, and flat out crabbiness on their part...and mine.

On the positive side, they did ROCKIN' good at tumbling today. 3 more kiddos showed up, so the class won't get cancelled now. They followed directions very well and listened to the instructor. I was very proud of them. She told me to keep Brandon involved in tumbling because he's so limber! They also played really well this afternoon with 2 new games that Auntie Annie sent them for their birthday. Here's a little video of Connor and what he learned in a matter of about 15 minutes...keep in mind...every mom thinks their own kids are geniuses!!!!



The boys do things that are so sweet and compassionate, that it makes me forget that my day was awful and beyond challenging. Here's a video of what they did to make me feel better.




I can handle just about anything. Getting through the deployment was a huge accomplishment. I honestly think toddlerhood is going to be a bigger challenge, but I'm going to make it! (Sorry, had to give myself a little pep talk there!!!)

2 comments:

The Wietholder's said...

Love the game...can you send the name of it...I need something like that!
every kid is a genius in his one special way, especially to his mommy.

you can handle toddlerhood...you have your sisters and me...we can get through anything, we are tough cookies

Heather @ HouseofShine.com said...

Toddlers are Tough! That should be the name of a book...seriously I know how you feel and have TOTAL respect and admiration for the fact that you do it all day every day with TWO toddlers!
Good luck and stay strong...they are worth it (at least I hope).