Thursday, February 19, 2009

Artsy Fartsy

Most of my friends and family know that I love to do crafty things. I try to keep them easy, fun, and most of all, I try to keep them a little on the inexpensive side. The boys had a little art painting session today. Connor isn't really into crayons, playdoh, and painting. He lasts about 5 or 10 minutes and is ready to go play. I make him sit while Brandon "crafts" and we just talk about colors and shapes. Here are a few pictures of the boys expanding their creative minds...


Here mommy...let me paint you!!!




And then a picture of my latest creation.



I found a video on youtube.com of how to make these diaper cakes. It was very easy, inexpensive, and quick. The time I started watching the video to the time I sat down at the computer to write this...including cleaning up my mess...was only 2 hours. Not bad! My cost was 2 packages of diapers (I used coupons), 3 spools of ribbon (50% off at Hobby Lobby), a wooden dowel rod we had in the garage, and a piece of foil covered cardboard made from a box I had on hand. Super cute...super easy...SUPER GIRLY!!! Of course, I'm always very critical of myself. The only thing I would change would be a smaller bow on top. Other than that, I'm very pleased with it.


This is what I normally make my friends when they get pregnant...a cute little wreath. I decided to change it up and I'm glad I did. The cost was about the same!

1 comment:

The Wietholder's said...

Where do you get your energy? Seriously....you are taking care of the boys by yourself, helping them paint, creating diaper cakes, blogging, making meals and desserts that most wouldn't dream of...do you sleep?? Whatever you are taking send my way!!!