Thursday, January 29, 2009

Play Group Birthday Party

I invited the ladies of our play group over today to celebrate the boys' birthday. This is such an awesome group of moms and all of the kids get along really well together. There are 5 other toddlers and 3 infants. All of the toddlers were born within about 6 months of each other, and the infants range from 5 months to 5 weeks old. I got into the group because one of the ladies is the wife of the JAG officer that helped Eric with some stuff when I was pregnant with the boys. Low and behold, she is a physical therapist that used to work with the PT that was deployed with Eric. Then, come to find out, most of our husbands work together...small world I tell ya.

Anyways, I invited them all over to enjoy some home made Southwestern soup, chipotle chili and cherry corn bread, fresh strawberries, pineapple, punch, and of course the train cake. All of the food turned out super delicious which was great because they were all new recipes! I'll post those later. I'm telling ya, the rice krispie cake was a fabulous idea! It wasn't as messy as normal cake...and who doesn't love krispie treats??? Here are a few pictures from the day...enjoy! I'm totally exhausted from preparing for this and then executing it.


The final outcome on the cake...with the smoke stack and HAPPY BIRTHDAY candles
Brandon in his shirt I made...

Connor's shirt...
The goody boxes I put together for the kids. I used take out boxes and wrote their names on them...they turned out really cute!

Connor, Ivette, Brandon and Billy chowing down on the #1 toddler staple food...GOLDFISH!

The other set of twins...Angelica in the white and Katie in the red...I think!
Connor, Brandon, and Billy...the lone boys...listening to the Wiggles CD

Two of the babies...Jillian in the white and Ilyssa in the pink. It was fun to get out my pack n play, floor gym, and bouncy seat. We aren't having anymore for a while so don't get any ideas!
Brandon snatched up one of the "smokestack" balls of fondant and shoved it in his mouth. You can tell my kids don't get sweets too often. I let him chow on it...it's his birthday by-golly!
The crazy family room after they opened presents
Katie...at least I'm pretty sure it's Katie...and Brandon sitting in the dump trucks
Connor kept putting this trash can on his head while vacuuming (or as he says, bacOOOm) the kitchen. This picture is for my sis, Bri...remember the part in Parenthood when the little boy kept slamming his head into the wall with a bucket over it???HELP HELP HELP...hahaha
Their birthday presents. Thank you to all of the ladies and their kiddos. We all had a fabulous time and I can't wait for Billy's party in February!!!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

You're such a good Mommy! The boys shirts and treat bags are super cute and then the cake - wow! You always were a great, Big SAI Sister to me! I'll see you tomorrow!

Reunion 2008 said...

Happy Birthday to Connor and Arden, The cake is super cool and all of the little touches make a party a great party. I loved the takeout boxes as party favors. What a cool mom you are.
KT