Thursday, August 7, 2008

My New Claim to FAME

Life wouldn't be fulfilling if there's never a time of feeling famous. Well, I had another one of those moments this week. I've had a few in my lifetime and they felt awesome. I'm published in the newest People Magazine. Yeah...that's right...the one holding the $14 million dollar pictures of the Jolie Pitt twins. I wrote a little letter to the editor in response to a story they did on a man named Tony Snow. He was a white house dude who suffered from cancer and passed away. The article depicted him as a very happy man all the way through his last day. I have to admit that they didn't write what I emailed them verbatim. The first sentence said "Tony Snow, the former Fox News pundit and White House spokesman, was truly remarkable." I didn't say that...I would never use the word "pundit" in a sentence! Although I did say the rest of the snipit "He was a genuinely happy guy who may have left this world too early, but he did it with amazing grace" I scanned the page and attached it. It's the very last entry on the bottom right hand side of the page. GO ME!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

A freelance writer in the making!!

Reunion 2008 said...

Published!! and in such a widely read magazine!!!
Wonderful.
MOM

casadefred said...

I've already bought my copy!!