Wednesday, August 13, 2008

18 month check up

We had the boys' 18 month check up yesterday...here's the scoopage...

Connor - 26 lbs and 34 inches tall. He's in the 50th percentile for weight (perfect) and 90th for height. Does that surprise anyone since Eric and I are so tall??? Nope!

Brandon - 21.1 lbs and 31 inches tall. He's in the 5th percentile for weight and 25th for height. He's been closer to the 3rd for weight and 20th for height, so he's making some ground. For now, he's our small fry.

I expressed some concern for their lack of speech, but my pediatrician assured me that they are fine. The spectrum is so wide for speech development, and twins tend to be a little behind the curve. They follow direction really well, and she said that's a good start for their speech.

Some of you may know that I ended up in the ER with Connor on Sunday. He had some neon green discharge coming from his eyes since Friday, and after his Sunday afternoon nap, his eyes were almost swollen shut. After a phone call to the after hours nurse line I packed him up after dinner and took him to Womack. Long story short, we sat there for 5 hours only to be misdiagnosed with pink eye. I knew it wasn't pink eye!!!! My pediatrician diagnosed him with double raging ear infections. She said that ear infections can some times manifest themselves in the eyes. He didn't have a fever on Sunday, or yesterday for that matter, so the PA I saw at the ER didn't even consider an infection. I felt Connor's care was compromised at the ER and will definitely make note of that when I receive the survey to fill out about my experience.

That's about all that's going on around here. We're getting ready for our trip to KY and PA next week. We're heading to KY on Thursday and then to PA sometime that next week.

No comments: