Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Posting-SLACKER

Ok, I'm SO sorry for being such a slacker. Here's what's been going on the last few weeks.

I went to my sister's house over Halloween weekend to celebrate her 30th birthday. We had a total blast. It was nice to have a weekend without the kiddos, but I sure did miss them. I had a hard time just relaxing. I kept being told...KATE...SIT DOWN AND STOP PICKING THINGS UP. Habits die hard. We started out with the 5th Annual Fredstrom Halloween Party.
Bridget and Jason were "flappers" and I was a fortune teller. I think Bridget had a great celebration filled with family, friends, and shots!

On Saturday, we went into Baltimore to visit the inner habor. It was very neat to see and unusually warm. I wanted to do things that I normally couldn't do if I had the boys with me. We did lots of walking, chatting, and just relaxing.

On Sunday, Jason had to go back to work, but Bridget and I headed into DC for the day. We payed out respects to the soldiers laid to rest in Section 60 of Arlington Cemetery. That is the section were the soldiers who lost their lives during Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom are laid to rest. I would have taken some pictures, but there were a lot of family members at the grave sites, and I wanted to give them their privacy and respect. Eric and I watched a documentary about these family members who visit Section 60, and it was very emotional. If you ever see that show on tv, please take the time to watch it. We did, however, make it to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier just in time to see the changing of the guard.

We went to DC as a family back in 1990 and I know I saw the changing then, but it has a whole new meaning to me now that I'm married to a military man.

The boys are saying more and more words and are learning continuously. It really is amazing to watch their little brains work. Connor can say all kinds of words, but his newest ones are "ipes" meaning wipes, "tash" meaning trash, "doe" meaning toe, "I da da" meaning I love you, and a few more that I can't think of right now. Brandon had his first speech therapy session last week and amazed me. I think Brandon is just as smart if not smarter than Connor, but is dominated by Connor. Connor was at Mother's Day out while we had our session, and Brandon said things and mimmicked the therapist in ways I didn't know he could. He can clearly say mommy, daddy, nose, eye, dice, ice, bubbles, moon, dar for star, and many more. I think this therapy is going to help him surpass Connor and hit the "normal" range much sooner than expected. Mary Francis, his therapist, said his receptive skills are off the charts high. Meaning, he can listen and following directions correctly with little to no help. He's my little helper and loves to be given tasks. Whether it's to hand brother his cup, throw something away, pick up his toys, or put his clothes in the hamper, he's the man for the job.

Eric has recently become addicted to Craigs List. He found this really cute Lion Rocker last night and we couldn't resist.

See the little hands trying to get to it???
They instantly loved it and we were instantly annoyed by the songs it plays. Oh well, batteries eventually die...right???

Here's a video of them rocking the rocker



The boys are super silly after their bath...here's proof! They love Daddy Mountain!



On a different note, I'm thinking of going back to work part time for tax season. I've been looking for part time child care at a respectable location, but am not having much luck. I have a few places to go visit, but don't have anything set in stone. I'm looking to work about 20 hours a week. 2 - 8 hour days a week and a 4 hour Saturday. If anyone knows of any really good child care locations in Fayetteville, let me know! Eric will be gone for a few months at the beginning of the year, so it's a good time for me to see if I can handle part time work and the boys all by myself. Once he starts residency, I won't be able to count on his help on a regular basis like I do now. If it's too much and the boys aren't adjusting well, I will wait a few more years. I think it's worth a try. Wish me luck.

I'm off to watch some tv with Eric before I do my homework for class tomorrow night. My final will be on the 24th..which is coming up! I feel very comfortable with all of the information, but will start my hard core studying this weekend. Have a great rest of the week, and hope you all feel caught up with the Dankos!

1 comment:

casadefred said...

I'm gonna have to start calling B your Lil' Froggie! Thanks for the pics and great videos!