Saturday, November 22, 2008

The past week...

Things have been pretty busy here...still! The hustle and bustle of the holidays has definitely arrived, but I enjoy it for the most part. I'm pretty much done with my holiday baking other than maybe another batch or 2 of things that we've ended up eating because they are SO GOOD! I put together a few more trays today so my stash is dwindling.

On a different note, our TV passed away last week. It was Eric's present to himself for a "job well done" in dental school, and it has served us very well over the last 4 years. We weighed the options of paying to fix it, and waiting a few weeks for it to get fixed or to just lay it to rest. We managed to find someone who wanted it "as is" so Eric treated us to a new one. Here she is in all of her HUGE glory.


I told him to get whatever he wanted since he really enjoys electronics...and that's just what he did. It took us 4 hours to unhook all the wires from the old entertainment center (after we labeled them to make it easier to hook back up), put together the new center, clean up the mess we ended up making, and finally to sit on the couch and enjoy it for 30 minutes before we realized it was midnight and time to go to bed. We moved it to the other corner of the family room to keep from having cords going across the threshold into the kitchen, and from having to re-do the surround sound wires. We worked FANTASTICALLY as a team and got her up and running. There are so many wires running from the DVR, DVD player, CD changer, receiver, VCR (yes we still have one), to the 6 speakers that make up the surround sound, and FINALLY to the TV itself. Whew!

Friday was kinda crazy. Connor has been sick off and on for the last few weeks, and since his cough was getting kinda hairy, I figured it was time to see the doc. I had to completely rearrange our usual Friday routine (which included canceling B's speech therapy), but I made it work. He has a sinus infection, but is already showing signs of feeling better after 1 day of meds.

Now for the FUNNY part. If you are offended by passing gas in the least bit PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEO. Connor has become a habitual "bath-time-gas-passer", and I finally got in on video last night. I really don't need to explain it...watch it for yourself. Watch very closely...I felt bad for Brandon after I watched it and saw where he was sitting! HAHAHA. This video is blackmail for later in life.

2 comments:

casadefred said...

The video doesn't work. Says it's no longer available. I"m on pins and needles to see what happened!

Jeff, Jayne, Zach and TJ said...

Kake,
I thought that my 13 yr old was the only one that laughed at "potty" humor. Help! Put the video up again please!
Jayne