Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cinnamon Rolls

Ever since I found Ener-G Egg Replacer, I feel like the hand cuffs have been taken off my culinary wrists! I can now make all kinds of yummy food that Brandon can eat. I would much rather make something like Cinnamon Rolls from scratch than to buy them out of a can. I'm definitely not knocking cinnamon rolls in a can because they are super delicious and easy, but I can't pronounce half of the ingredients. If I'm going to give my family a sweet treat, I'd rather it be homemade where all the ingredients aren't necessarily chemically enhanced. I got this recipe from one of my girlfriends, so all of the credit goes to her! THANKS T!

1 pkg yeast
1/2 c warm water
1/2 c warm milk
1/3 c sugar
1/3 c butter (softened)
1 tsp salt
1 egg
3 1/2 - 4 cups flour

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Dissolve yeast in warm water
Stir in milk, butter, sugar, egg, and salt
Add flour until dough is easy to handle (closer to the 4 cups)
Knead dough until smooth. Place in greased bowl and let rise for 1 hour.
Roll dough out into 15 x 9 rectangle then sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar
Roll up the rectangle and cut into slices.
Place in pie pan and let rise for another hour.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
Glaze and enjoy!

I think I cooked mine a little too long. I would rather them be a little gooey! I would also add more cinnamon and sugar next time. They were still good though!

Rising in the pan

All baked...nice and brown...next time I'm going to leave them a little gooey!

Yummy, glazed and ready to eat!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The look nice and drippy! I love homemeade cinnamon rolls too!

The Wietholder's said...

How funny...my mom and I made homemade cinnamon rolls over Thanksgiving and I got a new recipe. I will send it over to ya, no kneading in this one.