Thursday, May 31, 2007

4 month checkup

The boys had their 4 month checkup and SHOTS this morning!

Brandon is 11 lbs 7 oz and 23 inches long. He's finally on the growth chart for his actual age. If you go by his adjusted age (they're technically only 2 months old) his percentile would be much higher.

Connor is 14 pounds and 23 1/2 inches long. There's a 2 1/2 pound weight difference between them, but only 1/2 inch in length. That means that Connor really is our fat boy!!! Seriously, he's just a solid baby. If Brandon didn't have all of his previous eating issues, I'm sure he would be closer to Connor in weight. He's also on the growth chart and would be in the 95th percentile if you went by his adjusted age.

We heard Connor REALLY cry for the first time today during his shots. He rarely cries, but when he does...it's serious! Connor calmed down quickly after a cuddle with me, and Brandon did too as soon as Eric cuddled him. Hopefully they will rest for the afternoon and not be too fussy for me. I need a nap!

It's hard to believe that Brandon weighed only 3 lbs 10 oz and Connor weighed only 4 lbs 1 oz just 4 months ago. The time they spent in the NICU is a complete blur now! We are in a really good grove right now. I'm getting plenty of sleep and feel confident about being able to care for them after Eric leaves. Keep us, especially him, in your thoughts over the next 15 months. Even though he's leaving and will most all the boys' "firsts" I'm very thankful he didn't leave in March as originally planned.

I'm currently planning my trip to KY in August. I'm going to interview a couple house/pet sitting services in the area to see if that might be a good thing for Jade and Rena. My very tentative plan is to come to town maybe the second weekend of August, my cousin's wedding the 18th in MN, then spend some time with my sister Annie and my Grandparents, and finally head back to NC the weekend after Labor Day. It all depends on what kind of arrangements I can make for the pups. I'll keep everyone informed as soon as I make some firm plans...especially Mom & Dad, the Hannans, and the IL Trames.

Everyone have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to take some video of Eric reading to the Boys or just talking to them so you can show them what dad looks like.
G'ma Karen

Jessica said...

They sound like to wonderful babies, I am happy that they are so good for you! Saw Fort Bragg gathering on the news today - did you and Eric go to that?

Julie said...

When I worked night shift in L&D a few years ago, I would work as a part time night nanny for this family with triplets. My first night with them was after they had their 2 month vaccines! So, I totally feel for you guys!