Friday, December 4, 2009

SUPER BOWL SNACK THROW DOWN WEEK 12

KICKIN' BUFFALO
CHICKEN PIZZA


This week is the 12th week of the Super Bowl Snack Throw Down. Visit HIGHLOWAHA to read all about this weekly competition. Click the red oval to enter the blog and look for the voting polls on the right hand side of the screen. Voting starts every Friday morning and continues through Sunday at 8 CST.

Onion as an ingredient...wow...where to start? I had this same dilemma with cheese. I had family and friends email me recipes, I had a few family ones I was thinking about, but decided on this KICKIN' BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA. I watched Sandra Lee make this on an episode of Semi-Homemade and decided to try it. The hubby and I both loved it. I wrapped some up, took it to my neighbor's house, rang the doorbell and RAN! Her husband came home today from Iraq for a 2 week R & R. I didn't want to bother them, but everyone needs to eat!

INGREDIENTS
  • Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
  • 2 pkgs of Tyson pre-cooked grilled chicken strips
  • 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce of your choice (I used Texas Pete)
  • 1 cup ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing (I used Ranch)
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup thinly sliced celery, about 2 stalks
  • 1/4 red onion sliced into really thin rings and then cut in half
DIRECTIONS
  • Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  • Roll out pizza dough on greased baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes
  • While that's cooking, mix the chicken with the buffalo sauce and heat in the microwave for 1 minute
  • After the dough cooks for 5 minutes, spread ranch/bleu cheese dressing on the dough
  • Next, sprinkle on the mozzarella
  • Top with the celery, onions, and chicken
  • Put it back in the oven for about 10 more minutes or longer depending on how crispy you like the crust
Here are all of the ingredients. I had to make Ranch dressing from sour cream due to food allergies...that's not plain sour cream!
Here's what it looks like before I put it back in the oven.

Look at that cheesy, chickeny, spicy, kickin' pizza!!!

No comments: