Thursday, July 9, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

That's the only word to describe us lately. Eric started his 2 year residency program on July 1. Our life will be similar to the first years of our marriage while he was still in dental school. Lots of studying, tests, boards, clinic time, etc. Which also means, the boys and I will be back to our "deployment trio" for the most part. At least he'll be home and not in a war zone...even if I have to do most of the the parenting and won't get to spend much adult time with him.

On the military front, but we got the official word today that Eric is promotable! The promotion board met and Eric will "pin on" Major next May. WAY TO GO BABE! He works so hard to be the best soldier and dentist he can be. We're super proud of him.

The boys and I are working on getting into a routine including as many fun activities as possible. We went to Monkey Joes yesterday with our friends, the Hartmans. Monkey Joes is an indoor play place filled with blow up houses. As I predicted, Brandon loved it and Connor hated it. When Brandon is around 4 and 5 year olds, he thinks he IS one! I didn't get any good pictures of the boys because my camera is on the fritz. Tara got a really cute video of Brandon though...



THANK YOU TARA!

After Monkey Joes, we all ate a picnic lunch at a park. Today, we went to the children's museum here in Fayetteville and then hit story time and the downtown library. It was a nice day here...only in the low 80's so we played outside for about an hour and a half after nap. After dinner, I took the boys to Dairy Queen and we shared a small cone. I was complemented on their good behavior...that made me feel good. Needless to say, I'm a little busy and definitely behind on blogging. Hope to have some more pictures soon since Eric fixed the camera for me!


Here's a cute quote from the other day

Brandon - I see fire in the sky
Me - You see fire?
Brandon - No, smoke
Me - You mean clouds?
Brandon - YES!

Here's a cute Brandon quote from today.

Brandon - I hear the clouds
Me - What sound do clouds make?
Brandon - music (said in a very "duh mommy" tone of voice)


He's a little obsessed with clouds for some reason. Gotta love the way a 2 year old brain works.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

This post an dvideo made my morning! :)

Danko Grandparents said...

Did "Monkey Joes" have a 'Monkey Swing'? Miss you guys! See You all soon!
Love Grandma Dorie and Grandpap Dan