Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ear Infections for $1000 please, Alex

The name of the cutest twins ever who are super sick and suffering from bleeding ear infections..

WHO ARE BRANDON AND CONNOR DANKO!!!

Crazy is the best way to describe our household over the last week. Both boys started with runny noses on Sunday which quickly led to fevers, coughs, and overall aches. However, when blood started coming out of Brandon's ear, I knew it was time to call the doctor. But wait, it was 12:45 on a Wednesday and our pediatrician's office closes at NOON. The nurses line advised me to go to the ER. I decided to call the ENT who put in his tubes...hoping to possibly get a same day appointment. It's only 1 pm, I should be able to get it. Nope! We ended up at the ER only to wait 2 hours before I decided to leave. The ER was full of kids and a few of them were covered in blood. When those kids kept trying to play with Brandon while their parents sat in the chair and texted people, I said THAT'S IT. Eric and I had the boys up, fed, and out the door to be standing at the front door of the pediatrician's office by 8 this morning. The both have ear infections. Brandon's is so bad that she couldn't see past the blood and "congealed" gunk to see the tube. They are both on oral antibiotics and Brandon has an addition antibiotic to be put directly in his ear. He's also back on his breathing treatments every 4 hours or so. I've been giving him treatments the last couple days, but I need to increase them. I've spent all morning calling my insurance company and LOTS of family medicine offices to switch. Their pediatrician is great, but their office hours are horrible. My kids decide to get sick on Wednesdays after noon or any other day at 3...which is when they close. No luck on a new doctor yet, but I'm working on it. I'll try to get some pictures of the boys for everyone, but they won't let us do anything other than hold them right now. Hope everyone is having a great week.

2 comments:

The Wietholder's said...

Oh my Oh my....sounds like fun times in the Danko house!
Lucas is starting the runny nose, coughing, watery eyes, etc...so we are hoping we can past the ear infection this time. good luck finding a new doctor...hopefully the antibiotics will start helping and things will slow down. if you need anything call me

The Harveys said...

I've never heard of a pediatrician's office closing early during the week!!! I think you're wise to look for another office!! Crazy!!