Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Day In The Life...

It's 845 am on Wednesday morning and I'm impatiently awaiting the awakening of my boys. I can't believe they are still asleep, but I guess I'm not surprised. We've gone down to 1 nap a day, but it's only for an hour and a half. We started putting them down at night around 730 or 745 and they usually sleep until 730 or 8. They must have needed some extra sleep today. I figured I should post some pictures with this unexpected time to myself!

Yesterday, we all got up and got dressed..look at how cute they look! Thanks for the shirts Grandma Dorie!!! Those khakis are the same ones they wore in the 1 year old pictures...can't believe they still fit! Although, Connor is really thinning out.

While they were at MDO, I went into work for a little bit and then ran a few other errands. When we got home, I started making a yummy lunch of grilled cheese, lima beans, and raisins. All of a sudden, I noticed my house was silent. SILENT = TROUBLE. Brandon was searching for treasure in the trash can....

and Connor was playing with the remote control. What is it about those things that kids are so drawn to??? Connor will pick it up, hold it, and even caress it. Brandon yanks it and starts pushing as many buttons as possible.
To keep them entertained, I decided to give them straw cups to see if they could figure it out. Other kids the same age can already do this...so I figured it was time to try. They both did really well, but I remembered WHY I didn't like the straw cups...THEY LEAK!!! I need to purchase a different brand. For now, they can have the straw cups with water only!

Soon after lunch, it was nap time. They really only slept for about an hour, but were playing quietly, so I left them in their room. All of a sudden, I heard a big BANG...then silence. Since I wasn't sure if that sound was a toy or a kid falling out of the crib, I decided I better check it out. This was Connor...shirt half on...goof ball
and this was their room. They threw everything out of their cribs and pulled one of the baskets off the dresser....that was the crashing sound I heard.
After naps, we played until Eric got home. I made us all dinner, cleaned most of it up, and then took the kiddos for a walk. After our walk, we played outside for a while because it was beautiful here! That's pretty much every day around here.

P.S. It's now 9:07 and they are STILL asleep!!!

Here's a funny video from the other day. This is scientific proof that our boys are goofballs to the bone!

No comments: