Friday, February 24, 2012

Crazy Weather

The weather has been AMAZINGLY beautiful over the last few days. We have definitely taken advantage of this weather and have hitting up the local parks.

On Wednesday, we went to Stafford Park after we ran a few errands. The boys LOVE this park which I happened upon while running one day. It's close, easy to get to, has public bathrooms, and is off to the side of a very nice professional soccer field that is usually being used by some really awesome players!!!


Thursday is Lunch Bunch day at school. I don't let the boys stay late every Thursday, but if I need extra time to run errands or go to an appointment, I pack them a lunch and they eat with their friends. After I ran my errands, I had just enough time to grab myself a quick bite. Of course, I went to Panera and tried their new salad called the Spinach Power Salad and coupled it with an iced tea and ate outside. Delicious!!!




After I picked the boys up on Thursday, we went straight to Van Dyke Park. We pass this park every day on the way to preschool, and the boys ask EVERY DAY if we can go back to play there again some day. Thursday was that day! It was 70 degrees, sunny, and just plain beautiful. We played with a bunch of super sweet kids...including one that looked EXACTLY like Randy from The Christmas Story. I even asked his mom if anyone tells her that her son looks like a child star! She was a super sweet German woman who wasn't familiar with the popular Christmas movie, but said she just got asked the same question by another mom on a plane last week. Seriously, he looked like Randy!

No comments: