Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Operation Alphabet

I am bound and determined to teach the boys their alphabet by this summer. Since they aren't going to preschool this fall, it's my responsibility to teach them the basics. They know their colors, shapes, numbers 1-4 and a few letters. I have tried a bunch of different methods, but my sister gave me an even better idea! Make 1 letter per box about 3 at a time. I scraped up all of my leap frog letters, some flash cards, felt letter stickers, and other craft things that all have letters A B and C on them. I dumped them out on the floor and had each boy pick a letter and then grab everything that has that letter on it. Connor sailed through it, but Brandon is still struggling. It will all come in time! I just need to go to the nearest store and purchase a BIG lot of PATIENCE!!!!

No comments: