Saturday, June 6, 2009

Make A Makers Mark Cake

I'm in Maryland this weekend visiting my sister while Eric holds down the fort with the kiddos. We hung out on Friday, ate some yummy pizza in Baltimore, ate dinner at the Greene Turtle, and finished off the night with a showing of Ratatouille. This morning, we got up super early, ran the Race For the Cure in D.C., came home and showered, ran to Panera for lunch, had to tow Bri's car due to metal on metal scraping sounds from her breaks, make the Maker's Mark cake for Jason, go get pedicures, hit the mall for a little shopping, and now we're making quesadillas for dinner. I've had a wonderful weekend, but miss all 3 of my boys. We have another full day tomorrow, and I'll be heading home late tomorrow night.

Here are pictures of the cake Bri helped me make for Jason's 30th birthday. If you know Jason, you know how much he LOVES Maker's Mark...Eric too for that matter.

Here's me icing the cake...
putting on the whisky colored fondant
here it is with the label on as well as adding the signature red wax with drippings...

the cake before adding the lettering...


me concentrating very hard on the lettering...


here's the finished cake with the bottle I used to copy the lettering from


me and the masterpiece...



me and the birthday boy with his cake...he loved it!

















No comments: