Thursday, October 16, 2008

Creepy Crawly Bugs...for lunch????

I'm always looking for fun and challenging things to cook. The boys are such good eaters that it's almost become a game to find something they don't like. Connor is still boycotting most fruit, but I'm convinced it's a phase. I found a really cute recipe for some Creepy Crawly Bugs that I'm going to make as an appetizer for a Halloween party. The boys were the perfect taste testers. All you need is mini sausages or hot dogs, refrigerated bread stick dough, potato sticks, ketchup and mustard. Here's the result!

The boys loved them! I should have used some of my cake decorating supplies to make cleaner looking ketchup and mustard decorations, but let's be real...I don't have THAT kind of time. I think they liked the potato stick legs and antlers the best!


5 comments:

casadefred said...

They look so tasty!!!!! Can't wait to try them.

Jessica said...

These look so good! Thanks for sharing the cute idea - have you made a "tasty snake" before? Here's mine form last year. http://johnstonesvinblanc.blogspot.com/search?q=snake

I think the ketchup and mustarg looks just fine too!

Danko Family said...

Thanks Jess!!!! I think I'll make that too. The boys couldn't eat it because of the egg, but it will be perfect for the party!!!!

Danko Family said...

Thanks Jess!!!! I think I'll make that too. The boys couldn't eat it because of the egg, but it will be perfect for the party!!!!

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! So are those kids!
I am going to make some for my Halloween party!...Hotdogs, not kids.