Friday, October 16, 2009

SUPER BOWL SNACK THROW DOWN WEEK 6

ASPARAGUS WRAP UP


Usually, at the end of the game, the commentators deliver a Post Game Wrap Up. However, these Asparagus Wrap Ups are worthy to be your pre-game appetizer. I saw an episode of Sandra Lee's Semi Homemade a few months ago and saw these being made. They were so simple and looked so delicious that I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to try them out. I love 5 ingredient recipes that are easy and delicious.

Don't forget...you vote at www.highlowaha.com. Click on the red oval to enter the blog, and you'll see our names on the right hand side. All you have to do is click to vote!

Ingredients

  • Sirloin Steak cut into thin 4 in x 4 in squares (HINT - Have the meat department slice them for you!)
  • Fresh asparagus - washed
  • Fresh green onions - washed, separated, and white ends cut off
  • Spreadable Bleu Cheese (I used Aged Agur)
  • Teriyaki Sauce
  • Sesame Seed for garnish (optional)

Directions

  • Pound the squares into your desired thickness. You want it on the thin side.
  • Spread a very thin layer of blue cheese on each piece of meat. (This wasn't part of Sandra Lee's recipe, but I wanted to add a cheese to give it more flavor. Use whatever cheese you like or none at all!)
  • Lay one asparagus and one green onion in the middle of the meat, roll up the sides and secure with a toothpick
  • Generously brush each one with Teriyaki sauce
  • Place on your grill outside or grill pan inside. (I made them both ways and preferred the grill pan inside)
  • Grill for about 3 minutes on each side
  • Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.



These were SO delicious. I made them with my good friend, Jessica, while the boys and I visited her and her hubby this past weekend. Andy, her hubby, LOVED these!!! Jessica is a serious foodie so go check out her blog. I get inspiration from her blog all the time!!!

No comments: