Friday, May 14, 2010

Looking Forward

About one year from now, we will be gearing up to move. I can say that, but we all know that nothing is definite with the military until we have orders in hand. That doesn't mean I can't "look forward"

We've had a very exciting and fun filled 6 years here and we'll hit 7 years before we leave. We bought our first house, 2 deployments, 2 kids, a great job (for me), adding onto our house, and great friends. These are some things I'm looking forward to in the next year or year and a half.

BIGGER house with a pantry, indoor laundry room, 2 car garage, and hopefully a bonus room.
Hopefully closer to family whether that be in the midwest or the west.
Hopefully a location that has a good school system.
Hopefully somewhere with milder summers and more exciting winters


I'm busily planning Eric's promotion party that is on the 24th. He has worked very hard and has earned every benefit that comes with this promotion. My parents are coming in town to celebrate with us. Their help will be greatly appreciated!!! I'm also getting involved in some volunteer work with the Officer's Spouse's Club!!! This fall will be very busy with the membership drive I have to organize as well as the boys starting preschool and Eric beginning the last year of his residency. One year down, one more to go. We have survived the first year and Eric has done very well. I can only hope the second year goes just as well!!!!

I'm looking forward to all the things we have coming up! As stressful as it is to move (PCS) I'm very MUCH looking to moving to our next duty station...next summer can't come soon enough.

No comments: