Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Necklaces, Little People, and BIRTHDAY PREPARATIONS!!!

I've been on my feet all day and interacting with the boys non-stop, and now it's time to sit and relax. I thought I would put up a few really funny pictures!

I don't wear jewelry much anymore since I have workout clothes on most of the time. However, I managed to look decent the other day including a necklace. Both boys HAD to wear it and then asked me to take a picture of us. SO CUTE! The necklace was subsequently broken, but I guess I should have expected that. Oh well...small price to pay for a priceless moment.




WARNING....YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE BABY BUTT CRACK...IF THAT OFFENDS YOU, PLEASE DO NOT READ ON!!!!

I was cleaning the bathroom the other day and told the boys to stay in their room while I had the cleaning supplies out. (They have become entirely too curious to trust them NOT to touch something forbidden!) They both go in their room and pull out the puzzles...and...the Little People. Next thing I hear is, "Mommy watch me" I look out in the family room and Connor comes running towards me with Little People tumbling out of his underwear. I said, "Buddy, what in the world are you doing." He says to me, "Putting Little People in my underwear and taking them for a ride on my bottom." I told him to stand still so I could take a picture. I love that they are so realistic and honest at this age. He told me exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it. How DARE we not give those Little People "bottom rides" more often!




Today, we had our preschool session. We learned about snakes, the letter "S", turtles, the letter "T", the color blue, and how to spell it. I wrote "S" and "T" out on card stock, traced it with glue, and gave them beads, buttons, pom poms, and googly eyes to outline it. They LOVE LOVE LOVE to mess around with glue! I don't mind it because they are being creative and learning at the same time. I had a cake client stop by, and while I was talking with her, Connor got ahold of the glue bottle and had a little fun on the kitchen table. No harm to fowl though...I knew they were up to something because they were so quiet!

Speaking of that cake client, I made her some "Pupcakes"! She wants to order about 2 dozen of these for an animal shelter fundraiser, but I wanted to attempt them before I fully committed to her. Here is a picture of the finished pups, but you can see them individually on my goodies blog.


I also made some rice krispie treats for the boys to take to Mother's Day Out on Friday to celebrate their birthday. But, being me, I can't make plain old treats...here's what I came up with! Treats on a stick...OH YEAH!




They were so easy to make! It only took 2 hours from start to finish to make them and get them in the fridge to set. I wrapped them individually today and put them in a basket for the kiddos to grab on their way out of church. I'm in shock that the boys will be 3 on Saturday...man oh man where did the time go?

I guess I should go get their birthday shirts made!!! I LOVE birthdays! It was the one day a year that I felt super special growing up. I got to pick dinner, which consisted of dessert, and then dessert consisted of dinner...spaghetti. Birthdays are a way to make your kids feel special and extra loved!

No comments: