Sunday, November 12, 2006

First ever edition of the DANKO FAMILY SCOOP!!!

I figured it was time to start blogging and to "live in the now!"

The most recent news of our family is that we are expecting twin boys in February or March sometime. I'm due in late March, but these little baby boys are going to grace us with their presence much sooner than that! They are to be named Lefty and Righty until we see their beautiful faces and make sure the names we've picked out match their personalities.

I'm still working as the office manager for Utley & Knowles CPAs, but am currently looking for someone to take over at the end of the year. I will then spend the next 2 months taking it easy (at my doctors demand) while my coworkers slave through yet another endlessly stressful tax season. Those two months will be filled with nesting, sleep, reading, and quiet time because I won't remember what those things are after March.








Eric has been very busy the last few months furthering his military career!! He was one of the 25 graduates of EFMB (Expert Field Medical Badge) class in September. It was two weeks of intensive intellectual and physical training to earn this badge which, according to the General who spoke at the graduation, is one of the hardest badges to earn that the military offers. 176 soldiers began the course and only 25 completed the last task which was a 12 mile ruck march in under 3 hours. I was there to see him cross the finish line and was so proud of him!!!

Two weeks later, Eric packed up and headed to Ft. Benning, GA to spend 3 weeks training to become an Airborne Dentist. The picture above is him getting his wings pinned on by his good friend, high school classmate of his from Forest Hills High School, and fellow soldier stationed at Ft. Bragg, Russ Keyser. HOOAH!!!

My sisters SURPRISED me and came in town for a baby shower put on by my coworkers. They conspired with Eric and my two good friends, Lori and Trish, to meet me at lunch on Saturday. I thought Trish and I were getting together for a Saturday lunch, but Ann and Bridget were already waiting in the booth. After some big hugs and a few hormonal tears, we continued to have a wonderful weekend. We had some sister bonding, walked the puppies, made cookies, and then we all spent the afternoon at the shower.


Audra thought it would be funny to see how many squares of toilet paper it takes to go around my chest, and not my belly...since my belly hasn't gotten big enough to surpass the top! Come on babies...GROW!!!! Trish, 7 months pregnant with a little boy, and the future best friend to our babies, picked the exact number of squares. (It's 11 to those of you who are curious!)

Bridget took the toilet paper I tore off and measured me, but I was just ONE square over!!

Thanks to Deana who made this beautiful baby cake! Look at those booties...didn't she do a wonderful job? A great big thanks to my coworkers, family, friends and clients who threw me the shower and literally showered me with gifts. It's nice to know there are people like them in Fayetteville!
I know this initial blog was long, but I had to get set up for the blogs yet to come. I promise it will be more pictures and less blabbing from now on.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your first blog! Way to go. Believe me...I'll be on you for updates and new pictures, especially when Lefty and Righty come out.

The Girberts said...

I'm so glad you're blgging!! It's a great way to keep family and friends updated! Can't wait to read more!

The Girberts said...

Hey, John is really Leah!! Sorry, I'm not sure why his name came up.

Unknown said...

this is soooooooo cool!!! i cant beeive you all are having twins! Congrats. the blog idea is an awesome way to keep people updated. i cant wait to see the babes!!!

Susie said...

Finally found time to check this out.
Awesome Kate!
You are looking great!
Hope you are still feeling well.
Pat Lefty and Righty for me :)
Love ya... Auntie S